The workshop includes:
* Understanding older adults and the challenges they face
* Teaching basics and challenges, and how to become a great instructor
* Understanding musicality and how the beat controls the movement
* Ideas for choreography, structures, inspiration and exercises
* Freestyle aerobics moves and routines
* Teaching a chair-based class, working the body and the brain
* Working with limitations and challenges in class
* How to adapt when things go wrong
* How to become a great instructor
* Two one-on-one Zoom/Skype mentoring sessions with Carol.
This is a comprehensive introduction to working with older adults and seniors, covering a huge range of topics. We include videos, demonstrations, interviews, examples, and handouts all the way through, so you will have loads of ideas and information to get you started. We hope that upon completion you will be enthusiastic and motivated with lots of ideas to take back to your classes, and have a new appreciation for the changes and challenges that this special age group are facing.
There is both a theoretical and practical component to the assessments. These are given at the end of each week, including:
* Assignments for class plans and how to adapt workouts
* Video submissions of you teaching standing and chair-based routines.
We give you templates, examples, and lots of help to make sure you are ready for the assessments, so don't let them stop you joining us!
Delivery: Self-paced online learning
Duration: New modules released each week over four weeks (60 days to complete course)
Accreditation: 3PDPs (Physical Activity Australia) | 14CECs (Fitness Australia)
Materials: Handouts provided
Certificate: Issued upon successful completion of assessments
Have a few more questions before you get started? Contact us now so we can work out if it's the right course for you.
Take out professional membership with us and save 10% on all our online courses. Buy membership and this course in a bundle right now, and you'll save even more! Find out more about the benefits of Membership for Fitness Professionals here.
Normally $479 for membership and enrolment, get it now for only $435!
“Casual and friendly teaching technique and environment. Very professional, everything was done well. Thoroughly enjoyed it!” – Lesley, Bowen Hills workshop
“Very organised, friendly environment, relaxed atmosphere, and open communication. Excellent! Thank you.” – Bree, Melbourne workshop
“All the practical exercise was excellent and provided me with a lot of new ideas to use and share.” – Gemma, Brisbane workshop
“Can’t wait to get started!” – Barbara, Bowen Hills workshop
“Carol and Trudi were very approachable and helpful. I really enjoyed learning the chair-based exercise and I think our members will really enjoy it.” – Louise, Brisbane workshop
All Courses, Fitness Equipment
Complete Resistance Bands for Older Adults (Standing, Floor, Partners, Cardio)(1) 5.0 average rating31 Lessons $159.00
All Courses, General
Communicating with Older Adults(2) 4.5 average rating14 Lessons $39.00
Introduction to Working with Older Adults - Fitness Professionals(1) 5.0 average rating39 Lessons $119.00